Monday, October 26, 2009

the sweetest thing





"On the bus radio, 'Fifty ways to leave your lover alone'/I laughed at the irony/But life is stupid, the irony all lost on me/It got lost on me."

I don't know why hand-crafting snack foods is so endlessly amusing to me. At the end of the world you will find me in the kitchen, humming quietly to myself while I fold sheets of yeasty dough into pretzel nuggets and mold shimmering streams of molten chocolate into perfectly coiffed cups of peanut butter.



Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

You Will Need:

1 brick of chocolate (dark or milk - your choice)
1 jar of peanut butter (i prefer crunchy)
Powdered sugar
Various muffin cups

To Make:

1. Dump the peanut butter jar into a large mixing bowl and whip with powdered sugar until it lightens in color and becomes sweet to the taste.
2. Separate and set out muffin cups on a plate
3. Slow melt chocolate by setting a large mixing bowl on a pot with an inch or two of boiling water at the bottom. Stir frequently until consistency is smooth and creamy.
4. Using a spoon, dollop chocolate into the bottom of each muffin cup and spread it - creating a base. Chill for 15-20 minutes until this base is firm.
5. Spoon peanut butter onto chocolate base and spread. Pour molten chocolate over the top of the peanut butter until it is fully encased.
6. Let chill in refrigerator.
















*final product shots thanks to friend Ringo.

8 comments:

dragonflies said...

mmmm... yum! tell me again how you stay so slim? sweet blog.

jean-marc said...

oh! that looks even better than cookies!

Julia said...

I love your blog! I love this recipe! Both feel like theyre good for my food - loving soul... :)

Suzy said...

ooooh i want that plate. oh, and i pimped you out the other day on my bloggy when i posted about the thumbprints i used to force my sister's forgiveness. not that we're manipulative in my family. :)

ceily said...

dang, those look good. I must have over looked those in my care package. I'll go look again. brb.

Cecilia Margarita de Corral said...

Every recipe is better than the last. I see peanut butta cups in my near future. Thanks for the inspiration.

miles m. said...

They were delicious assie. I miss you already.

sweeetheartfever said...

Julia: !!! Thank you so much!!! We must be soul-mates...one food-loving soul meant for another. :)

Suzy: you totally did! you are the best! i am really glad those thumbprints were successful. i should have a weekly feature now "Foods for Suzy to Apologize With" . I'm into it!

Miles: i miss you to Mealselseeses. A lottttt. Come back soon, please.